When you’ve invested so much in the perfect lure and casting technique, the best fly fishing sunglasses should also be on your priority list. With the sun reflecting off the water or low light conditions, your eyes could take a great deal of burden when fly fishing.
Having the right sunglasses can save you from cataracts, snow blindness, and several other eye issues from the sun during this outdoor activity. Since you’ll be able to see more clearly with the top options, the position aligning and other tasks related to fly fishing will also become easier.
Fortunately, there are several options you have when looking for the best fly fishing sunglasses. Many companies have recently come into this field, and the technological advancements have also helped bring you more frame designs, lens colors, and you can find them at a price point for anyone.
Overall Pricing of the Best Fly Fishing Sunglasses
The pricing of the best fly fishing sunglasses greatly varies according to your choice. The high-end brands cost between $230 and $260, while the alternative (but still decent) choices are available within the price range of $22 and $50.
How We Reviewed
We’ve reviewed the best fly fishing sunglasses based on a number of factors. The most suitable brands for this activity offer a warranty, polarized lenses, a good fit, and reasonable prices. Most of the options below have all the features necessary along with a high Amazon rating and positive user reviews.
Picking the Best Fly Fishing Sunglasses: The Top Options
These are the best fly fishing sunglasses you may want for your next excursion:
Costa Del Mar Cortez Sunglasses
- Glass provides the best clarity in material
- Encapsulated mirrors (between layers of glass) are scratch-proof
- 20% thinner and 22% lighter than average Polarized glass
- 100% UV blockage for maximum protection
- 100% polarization kills reflected glare
These Costa Del Mar Cortez sunglasses are from the manufacturer with a reputation for comfy products. We may also expect great appearance and high durability from this brand. The scratch-resistant glass lenses are high-tech 580G, which make for excellent clarity.
While the fit here might not suit a wide face, reviews state that these sunglasses are a great option with their prescription lenses and 99 percent UV blockage. Costa Del Mar Cortez has an Amazon rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, while the price starts at a whopping $230 and goes up to $260.
Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- !!!ATTENTION DEAR CUSTOMERS! Please identify the direct store of Duduma glasses-Duduma Sunglasses.Only the shop Duduma Sunglasses is licensed to Brand Duduma on Amazon.com. All products purchased in Duduma Sunglasses can enjoy our warranty policy.!!!
- PRODUCTS DIMENSION-Lens height:40 mm (1.57 inches); lens width:64mm (2.52 inches); leg length:140mm(5.51 inches); nose bridge:30 mm ( 1.18 inches); frame length:140 mm (5.51 inches).
- SUPERLIGHT, STYLISH, DURABLE- Lightweight design is ideal for usage by motorcycle and cycling bicycle, driving, running, fishing, racing, skiing, climbing, trekking or other outdoor activities enthusiasts. Fashion and stylish design, with rich color combinations of frames and lens. Polycarbonate lens and frames are impact, scratch resistant, durable and unbreakable.
- LIFETIME BREAKAGE WARRANTY ON FRAME & LENS - Frames and lens are unbreakable for no risk purchasing. In case any broken problem happens, contact the seller of Duduma without hesitation to solve the problem until satisfaction. Duduma provides lifetime after sale service for all Duduma products.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY & 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE-Duduma provides lifetime after sale service for all Duduma sunglasses. Customers can return or get refunded for any reason. You have no risk to try.¡¾In order to give the best shopping experience to customers, the sunglasses cases were updated. The black cases will no longer to use. The black case and the new case will send to you at random during the transition period.¡¿
The Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses have dark-tinted lenses to protect you from every harmful ray. However, there's no compromise on clarity. They’re polarized, with excellent lens alignment for all-day wearing comfort. The lenses have seven layers of polycarbonate TAC, which prevents scratching and peeling.
Overall, these are a lightweight and sturdy option in several color combos for every fishing condition. However, some do have a problem with the lenses getting scratches. This brand has an Amazon rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars, with the price ranging from $22 to $50.
Maui Jim Men’s Lighthouse Sunglasses
- All Maui Jim sunglasses feature PolarizedPlus2 lens technology that goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays by enhancing colors to reveal the true beauty of the world around you
- Enjoy ultimate UV protection combined with premuim style, incredible durability, glare-free vision, and color-boosting patented technologies
- HCL Bronze lenses feature a warm tint that provides versatility in changing light conditions
- Polycarbonate is designed to offer outstanding impact resistance and good optics--an excellent choice for fast paced activities when impact resistance is a priority
- Frames constructed from lightweight, injected nylon, designed for extreme comfort and extended wear time
The Maui Jim Men’s Lighthouse Sunglasses are among the best fly fishing sunglasses here, mostly due to the Polarized Plus 2 technology, multi-layered lenses, and glare protection.
The acetate plastic frame also provides durability, though it might bend or break after around a year. The three lens color choices, however, make this a versatile option. These shades get an Amazon rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars while the price range is between $160 and $210.
Smith Optics Guides Choice Sunglasses
- Medium-Large fit/large coverage
- Tech Lite Polarized glass TLT lenses
- Evolve frame material, Anti-Reflective and hydrophobic lens coatings, Hydrophilic Megol nose & Temple pads and stainless steel spring hinges
- 8 base lens Curvature
The Smith Optics Guides Choice Sunglasses are the choice of experts. That's due to their clear polarized lenses and complete protection from UV rays. The multiple choices in lens colors and the Tech Lite Glass make this brand worth the investment.
The only downside is that these sunglasses are a bit heavier than most other options due to the Grimaldi TR-90 frame. The difference is minimal though, and the lifetime warranty should reassure us about its quality. Smith Optics sunglasses get an Amazon rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars and are available within the price range of $195 and $230.
Oakley Half Jacket 2.0
- Oakley Plutonite Lenses offer top UV Protection filtering 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400mm. Oakley’s lightweight Plutonite lens material offers superior comfort, clarity & protection against impact and ultraviolet radiation.
- Patented High Definition Optics (HDO) provides superior optical clarity and razor-sharp vision at every angle.
- O Matter stress-resistant frame is lightweight & durable for all-day comfort & protection. Oakley’s injection molded thermoplastic O-Matter frame provides improved strength & flexibility over traditional acetate & is built to withstand shifting or deforming over time.
- Unobtanium earsocks and nose pads for increased comfort and performance. Pads increase grip with perspiration to help provide a secure and custom fit.
- Interchangeable lens system designed to optimize performance in any environment. (Extra lenses sold separately).
The Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 Sunglasses can deal with varying light conditions -- thanks to their polarized lenses. They also give you excellent clarity and even peripheral vision. The semi-rimless frame makes it easier to look downward, which is necessary for fly fishing.
While these frames might be a bit small for masculine faces, the Plutonite lenses and stress-resistant frame material make this an excellent choice. The Three-Point Fit technology makes sure these will stay on your face all day. These glasses have an Amazon rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, with a price ranging from $163 to $195.
So, What’s the Best Catch?
We’d say Smith Optics Guides Choice probably has the best fly fishing sunglasses around. These are expensive but definitely worthwhile in several ways. Besides, this brand helps you see clearly while getting full protection from the unforgiving sun. So, if you’re ready to rock the fly fishing world, you should grab these sunglasses today!
Featured Image via Pexels