In the past, sunglasses were meant to make a strong fashion statement. However, with technological advancements, they’ve not only become more attractive but also increased protection for your eyes. Gone are the days when sunglasses were just a pair of tinted lenses. Today, you will come across shades with amazing features such as UV protection and polarized lenses to minimize glare. As a result, you get to enjoy clarity as well as excellent eye protection. The good news? You do not have to spend a fortune to enjoy these features. You can buy the best polarized sunglasses for under $100.
Yes. Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to pay a lot of money to enjoy high quality polarized lenses. Numerous brands, including popular brands like Oakley and Ray-Ban, manufacture affordable polarized sunglasses without compromising on quality.
Best Polarized Sunglasses Comparisson Table
What You Should Know About Polarized Sunglasses
If you don’t know a lot about polarized sunglasses, you might end up with a low-quality or an unpolarized pair. To avoid this, it is essential to have some basic information and understand what to look for before making a purchase. Here are some of the things you should know.
What are polarized sunglasses?
Polarized sunglasses are a specialized type of eyewear that reduces glare from surfaces like glass, snow, and water by filtering light coming from different angles. When there is glare, it is hard to distinguish the actual color of objects because they appear distorted.
How to tell if your lenses are polarized?
There are several polarized sunglasses tests you can take to determine whether or not your glasses are polarized. If your sunglasses are new, you can use the test tag. Simply look at the test tag through the lens and rotate the lens up to a 60-degree angle. The test tag will darken for polarized sunglasses. You can also test your sunglasses by looking at a reflective surface through your lenses. Once you have focused the lenses on the surface, rotate them to a 60-degree angle and see if the glare gets worse or better. If the glare diminishes, the lenses are polarized.
What's the difference between polarized and tinted lenses?
A lot of people confuse tinted sunglasses for polarized ones. However, there is a difference. Tinted eyewear is only useful for reducing brightness, but it does not eliminate glare as polarized sunglasses do. Don’t assume that darker sunglasses have polarization effects or offer UV protection without checking the specifications. It is important to check the label to ensure they not only protect your eyes from harmful UV rays but also against harsh glares. Tinted sunglasses without UV protection will only cause more damage to your eyes.
What's the advantage of polarized sunglasses?
Polarized sunglasses have numerous benefits. Apart from eliminating glare, they also allow for sight clarity, offer ultraviolet light protection, and allow for better user comfort in very bright conditions.
How do polarized sunglasses work?
During the manufacturing process, a special chemical is applied to the lenses of sunglasses to make them polarized. The chemical is placed in a vertical pattern, making it possible for the lens to reorganize light. When light bounces off horizontal reflective surfaces like water and glass, it reflects horizontally and is filtered out upon coming into contact with polarized lenses because it doesn't fit the chemical laminate pattern. As a result, images appear darker, but it's easier to see.
How We Reviewed
To come up with this list of the best polarized sunglasses under $100, we compared what different customers had to say about each of the glasses. We also considered experts’ sunglasses recommendations and analyzed each of the eyewear’s features to determine whether or not they would be a good fit for you.
Overall Price Range of Polarized Sunglasses
You can get polarized sunglasses for as little as $ to $$$. Since not everyone can afford the luxury of buying $$$ sunglasses, we selected the best polarized sunglasses under $100 to give you some choices that won't blow your budget.
Top 10 Best Polarized Sunglasses Under $100
Contrary to popular belief, you do not have to spend a fortune to get a high-quality pair of sunglasses. This list of the best polarized sunglasses under $100 is proof that you can own a great pair of shades without spending an arm and a leg.
1. Bare Wood Polarized Sunglasses
- INCLUDED: Custom Bamboo Travel Case & Microfiber Sunglasses Pouch & Cleaning Cloth
- Bare Wood Sunglasses Makes For A Great Gift! Unisex Designer Style.
Most sunglasses have metallic or plastic frames. The Bare Wood Sunglasses stand out from the other sunglasses on this list because they feature wooden frames. If you are looking for lightweight eyewear, Bare Wood is an excellent option because they are lightweight, comfortable, and very durable. What’s more, these sunglasses offer UV400 (100 percent UV protection) and are scratch resistant. You are sure to achieve a Hollywood star look with this pair of shades.
Users love that these sunglasses are affordable. They go for $ to $. In addition to this, they love the unique wooden design and its lightweight and comfortable feel. The only thing customers didn’t like is that the frames are quite big for individuals with smaller faces.
2. BNUS BINI Ultra Shield Classic Sunglasses
- CORNING GLASS LENS:Corning glass lens provides the best clarity in material,Seawater corrosion resistant lens for an active lifestyle,100% polarization kills reflected glare and reduces eye strain, 100% UV blockage for maximum protection
- Grey lens is A good everyday choice for activities on the water and land
- NYLON FRAME: BNUS's co-injected bio-based nylon frame material is both tough and durable, while offering a comfortable fit
- MULTIPLE SIZE OPTIONS: Choose from a variety of size options including 53mm, 56mm and 59mm. 53mm is recommended for smaller or more narrow faces, while the bigger 59mm is recommended for those with large heads or wide faces. The 56mm the best fit for men with an average width face, and fits the average women's face for a slightly oversized look
- MADE IN ITALY,B.N.U.S sunglasses are backed by 12-month warranty and professional after-sale service within 24hrs
BNUS has been in the eyewear business for some time now. They manufacture some of the best polarized sunglasses under $100. Their BINI Ultra Shield sunglasses not only boast of a stylish design but also high quality polarized lenses. You get UV400 protection from these sunglasses as well. These Italian sunglasses are moisture resistant, very durable, and come with a 12-month warranty. If you are an athlete, these might be the best sunglasses for you because they can withstand any weather conditions. Most people who have bought these sunglasses believe they are a steal considering all the features you get for only $ to $.
Customers also loved the quality and overall look of the shades. However, some customers claim that the lenses scratch easily and the handles were fragile.
3. Hobie Rips Polarized Rimless Sunglasses
- Hobie polarized color balance gives us the ability to see all colors vividly and see slight differences in similar colors allowing the ideal amount of blue light to transmit for clear visual response of the color blue and contrast sensitivity
- Hobie polarized sunglasses filter out 100 percent of glare providing you with increased visual clarity while reducing eyestrain and paired with our advanced permanent hydrophobic hydro clean plus coating which sheds water, oils and grime and is easy to clean
- Rips is our featherweight solution for everyday performance eyewear from sailing, biking and running, to beers by the barbeque, this minimal design gives you all the performance and protection with a weightless feel
- Case Included
If you are looking for the best polarized sunglasses under $100 that can handle any outdoor activity, Hobie Rips Sunglasses may be the right choice for you. These shades feature Hobie Hydroclean Polarized lenses that are not only durable but also offer 100 percent UV protection while eliminating glare from water, roads, and snow, leaving you with amazing optical clarity. The lens coating also repels oil and water thereby preventing fogging.
In addition, these shades have TR-90 Grilamid, which is known for its superior qualities that make sunglasses crack resistant, lightweight, and virtually indestructible. That means you can rely on them to maintain perfect condition even when you are engaging in rough outdoor activities. You get a lifetime warranty for these sunglasses.
Amazon buyers love the fact that these sunglasses are very affordable, selling for $ to $. In addition to this, they like that the shades are comfortable and very lightweight. However, there have been complaints about the lenses coming off very easily.
4. MVMT Hyde Polarized Rectangular Women's & Men's Sunglasses
- YOUR PERFECT SHADES: The Hyde is a retro round frame that will have you feeling like a new you. The style features a key-hole bridge and uncontrollable attractiveness.
- DO WITH STYLE: Our Hyde are styled to look great on men and on women. The styling will have you reaching for these metal framed glasses every time you head out the door. Hyde features 50mm lens width, a 19mm bridge and a temple arm length of 145mm. These dark grey colored lens are polarized and 100% UV protected.
- BUILT FOR OPTIMAL BALANCE, COMFORT, & DURABILITY: Made with custom handmade cellulose acetate and stainless steel. The frame is fastened with Akulon-coated German screws for proper tension and durability.
- DESIGNED IN THE USA- Premium on-trend watches, sunglasses, and accessories, designed at our headquarters in Los Angeles.
- TWO YEAR GUARANTEE- We’re so confident you’ll love what we do that we offer a two-year guarantee on everything we make
What makes MVMT Hyde Sunglasses one of the best polarized sunglasses under $100? The main reason is their stunning design that looks great on both men and women. The shades feature polarized lenses and offer 100 percent UV protection. The finish ensures durability and balance. You will also love the fact that the sunglasses are lightweight and come with a two-year guarantee for quality.
Users loved the style and quality of these sunglasses. They liked that the lenses were crystal clear. So far, there have been no complaints about the MVMT Hyde Sunglasses.
5. Ray-Ban Polarized RB3519 Sunglasses
Ray-Ban is an iconic eyewear brand as well as a leader in the industry. For this reason, you can expect nothing less than the best from their sunglasses. The Ray-Ban RB3519 Sunglasses are not an exception. These shades feature plastic polarized lenses that offer 100 percent UV protection. They also have nose pads for added comfort and feature metallic frames for durability. Buyers loved that these Ray-Ban sunglasses are not only very affordable but also have solid construction, are lightweight, and have great polarization. However, they did not like that the lenses scratch very easily.
6. Costa Del Mar Brine Sunglasses
- Costa's 580 Polycarbonate provides high clarity, impact- and scratch-resistance along with lightweight all day wear-ability.
- Blue Mirror Polarized is best for bright, full-sun situations on the open water and offshore.
- Costa's co-injected bio-based nylon frame material is both tough and durable, while offering a comfortable fit.
- 100% polarization kills reflected glare and reduces eye strain.
- Built by hand and backed for life. Every pair of Costa Sunglasses includes a limited lifetime warranty.
If you are in search of the best polarized sunglasses under $100 for fishing, the Costa Del Mar Brine Sunglasses could be the best fit for you. These sunglasses not only feature 100 percent UV protection and polarized lenses but also have a patented technology that blocks blue and yellow light to give you enhanced clarity while fishing. When you purchase them, you also get a lifetime warranty which makes the sunglasses worth the investment.
Apart from its fantastic price of $ to $, users also loved that these glasses have high-quality lenses that do not scratch easily, are lightweight, and very attractive. However, some people have complained that the frames are too small for wider faces.
7. Sunski Makani Tortoise Frame Polarized Sunglasses
- Designed in California—Polarized lenses with 100% UV protection make it more fun to be in the sun
- Flexible frames, made from SuperLight recycled plastic, fit comfortably on your face
- Sunski donates 1% of sales to environmental nonprofits and is committed to going carbon neutral by 2020, so you can feel really good about your sunglasses
- Plastic-free packaging made from recycled materials, including a microfiber cleaning pouch
- Sunski’s Lifetime Warranty and replacement lens kits ensure these shades stay on your face and out of the bin
If you love cat eye frames, the Makanis Sunglasses may be the best polarized sunglasses under $100 for you. Apart from their stunning design, they also come in a variety of lens colors. Also, they have polarized lenses with wrap-around protection. These sunglasses are also lightweight with lock-tight steel hinges for enhanced durability. You get a lifetime warranty when you purchase them. Buyers loved several things about these glasses. First, they liked their price of $ to $, which is quite affordable.
They also liked the fact that the sunglasses are lightweight and offer great anti-glare effects. However, some users complained about the frames being too small.
8. Foldies Classic Polarized Folding Sunglasses
- FOLDIES ADJUST TO YOUR LIFESTYLE: Our folding classics don't bend to trends. Our foldable sunglasses are timeless and perfect for fashion, travel, driving and sport
- POLARIZED UV400 PROTECTION: Our proprietary 7-Layer HepTEK Polarized Lenses block 100% of UVA and UVB radiation and are guaranteed scratch-resistant
- LEATHER FOLDING SUNGLASSES CASE: Our custom, leather case is built with durable polyurethane leather to protect your Foldies. The interior has a soft lining to ensure that your glasses are protected from scratches. This case is designed for easy portability and can be easily stored.
- MICROFIBER CLEANING CLOTH: Our premium cleaning cloth is guaranteed to safely remove fingerprint smudges, dust, and water marks from your polarized sunglasses
- TWO-YEAR FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY: Enjoy your folding sunglasses to the fullest, with our worry-free warranty
The Foldies Polarized Folding Sunglasses are among the best polarized sunglasses under $100 because of their folding technology. If you are not a fan of carrying bags, these shades will prove very useful to you because you can carry them in your pocket. Apart from this amazing feature, the sunglasses also offer 100 percent UV protection and polarized glare resistance for improved clarity. The outer layer is also scratch resistant and shatterproof for enhanced durability.
Buyers loved the folding technology, the fact that the sunglasses are lightweight and well-built, and their clarity. Some complained about the frames being too big for their faces.
9. Suncloud Aviator Polarized Sunglasses
The Suncloud Aviator Sunglasses are among the best polarized sunglasses under $100 for minimalists. If you do not like the bells and whistles that come with high-end sunglasses brands, you will love these shades. They offer the benefits of polarization and UV protection while maintaining a simple yet chic appearance. The sunglasses also feature simple metallic frames and nose pads for added comfort.
Apart from their affordable price of $ to $, users also loved that these sunglasses are stylish, lightweight, and have a great fit. However, some users believe they are more suited for men than women due to their design.
10. Oakley Radar Path Sunglasses
- Case included
- Lenses are prescription ready (rx-able)
- QUARTER JACKET is engineered for youth faces. This frame blends convinces with interchangeable lenses for clarity and protection.
Oakley is a household name in the eyewear industry. Therefore, you can expect amazing features from their sunglasses. Oakley Radar sunglasses are among the best polarized sunglasses under $100 offering features absent in many mid-range priced brands. These glasses feature the Oakley HYDROPHOBIC permanent lens coating that prevents rain and sweat from building up on the lens. The lenses also repel contaminants and skin oils making them smudge resistant and effortless to clean. It eliminates dust and dirt particles thereby eliminating static electricity. The sunglass lenses also have polarization features and offer 100 percent UV protection while minimizing blue light.
Amazon buyers love these sunglasses. They are lightweight and easy to clean, and they're stylish too. However, several customers complained that the lenses were unpolarized. It might be a good idea to get them from the official Oakley website to avoid a mix-up.
Our Pick for the Best Shades
There you have it; the best polarized sunglasses under $100. You will not go wrong with any of the sunglasses on this list. However, if you have a really tight budget, it would be best to go for the Bare Wood Sunglasses, which are the cheapest.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a pair of sunglasses that is convenient to carry around, the Foldies sunglasses are a great option. And if you love fishing, you should buy the Costa Del Mar Brine Sunglasses. There is truly something for everyone.