Are you tired of empty nets and lifeless fishing lines? Are you looking for a way to up your fishing game that doesn't involve sonar? The best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing could be just the upgrade you need to rake in the bass.
It's early morning, the sun's starting to peek through the clouds, and Tim's sitting on his boat surveying the water for that big mouth bass he's dreamed of catching and posting on his Facebook page. Unfortunately, when Tim looks at the water, he only sees brown shadows. Worse, it doesn't get any better as the sun continues its climb.
It's now mid-morning, and Tim's still squinting at the water. He's been at this every weekend for two months, and the only thing he's managed to catch is a buzz from his six-pack. Meanwhile, the bass Tim's been hunting is sitting on the other side of his boat observing this strange creature.
If Tim's story sounds all too familiar then perhaps it's time to look into (and out of) a new pair of the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing. That is unless, like Tim, you enjoy hours of communing with rocks on the weekends.
Why Are the Best Polarized Sunglasses for Sight Fishing so Important?
Sight fishing involves being able to spot bass in murky waters, usually during the hours of dusk or dawn. These hours and conditions make it a tough activity that often can take its toll on your eyes. However, by owning a pair of the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing, you can save both your time and eyesight while enjoying bigger hauls of bass.
When it comes to sight fishing sunglasses, having polarized lenses is essential. These lenses help increase visual comfort by reducing glare. Furthermore, the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing enhance clarity, enhance color, block reflections, and reduce fatigue caused by eyestrain.
How We Reeled in the Best Polarized Sunglasses for Sight Fishing
Image via flickr
In our mission to find the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing, we had to consider a few crucial factors. First, we compiled a list of glasses recommended by experienced anglers on numerous internet forums and social media pages. We then cross-referenced this list with customer reviews about the products to narrow our search to only the highest-rated sunglasses. After examining features, pricing, warranties, and most importantly, customer feedback, we picked the very best pair of sunglasses.
Meet Our 8 Favorite Ocular Anglers
We found eight pairs of glasses which we believe represent some of the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing. These glasses are all polarized, but some feature plastic lenses while others feature glass lenses. The prices for these glasses range from around $15 to $250. Also, the warranties for these glasses vary from a 30-day money back guarantee to a lifetime warranty.
Here they are in no particular order:
The first pair of glasses in our hunt for the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing is Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses. These glasses feature a TAC polarized and mirror coating that offers 100 percent UVB and UVA protection against sunlight. They also filter harmful blue light up to 400 nanometers. These glasses restore true color, eliminate scattered and reflected light, and cut off baleful glare. Additionally, the durable polycarbonate lens is scratch and impact resistant.
One customer raved about the company's fantastic customer service after he contacted them about broken glasses. He said they sent him a new pair within a matter of days. Other customers also remarked on how Duduma improved upon their coating and how stylish and comfortable their glasses are. But, again and again, customers seemed to go back to Duduma's outstanding customer service and warranty program.
However, not every customer was happy. One customer said that the lenses scratch very easily. He also stated that the coating came off just from wiping them with a cotton cloth. Another customer reported "weird crystalizing" on the lens after a few months of use. Additionally, a customer noted that the glasses had horrible peripheral vision. There was also a question from one customer as to whether or not the lenses were really polarized.
- Hand built and backed for life
- 100% UV protection and Polarized for superior clarity
- Patented Technology blocks blue and Yellow light for better clarity and color during fishing
The next pair of glasses in our search for the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing is Costa Del Mar Tuna Alley. These glasses feature a nylon frame and Polarized Iridium 580G Lightwave Glass lenses with 100 percent UV protective coating. There are a wide variety of mirror and color lens features to choose from, each delivering a different visual experience. Additionally, the encapsulated mirrors between the layers of glass are scratch-proof. Finally, these lenses are 22 percent lighter and 20 percent thinner than average polarized glasses.
One customer raved over how much light the glasses allow in while keeping his eyes completely relaxed. Another customer, who was once in the sunglass business, proclaimed these to be the best sunglasses on the market. A fisherman in Florida said that he wears these for hours on end with perfect clarity and no discomfort. Finally, a customer praised the company's quality craftsmanship and outstanding warranty program.
However, there were a few customers who saw things a bit differently. One customer claimed that the frames do not last and that the nose and ear pieces started falling off of his glasses. Another customer said that his shades still let in a lot of glare. Finally, other customers complained about them being both too big and small.
These glasses come with a lifetime warranty on the lenses and frames. However, there is a shipping fee and handling warranty processing fee that you must pay for each claim.
- THREE INTERCHANGEABLE LENS- All the lens 100% UV400 protection coating, blocks 100% harmful UVA & UVB Rays. Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light，make the scenery more clear and soft and protect eyes perfectly. The Main one is colourful lense ,the yellow one is for night activities,the balck one is polarized for driving and other activities.
- CLEAR, SUPERLIGHT, STYLISH AND DURABLE- Cool Rimless jacket frame design enables clear lower vision field. Lightweight design is ideal for motorcycle and cycling bicycle, driving, running, fishing, racing, skiing, climbing, trekking or other outdoor activities. Fashion and stylish design, with rich color combinations of frames and lens. Polycarbonate lens and frames are impact, scratch resistant, durable and unbreakable.
- TWO SOFT RUBBER NOSEPAD,Let Your Nose Feel Comfortalbe While Wearing Torege Sports sunglasses for Cycling Running Fishing Golf .
- LIFETIME BREAKAGE WARRANTY ON FRAME- Frames and lens are unbreakable for no risk purchasing. In case any broken problem happens, contact the seller of Torege without hesitation to solve the problem until satisfaction. Torege provides lifetime after sale service for all Torege products.
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE- All Torege customers enjoy 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. You have no risk to try.
The third pair of glasses in our odyssey to find the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing is TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses. These glasses feature five interchangeable polarized plastic lenses that block 100 percent of harmful UVA and UVB rays from the sun. Additionally, they come with five different color lenses. Also, they feature a soft rubber nose pad and super-light durable construction that guarantees unbreakable frames and lenses. Lastly, the rimless jacket frame design gives you a clear low-vision field, and the polarized lens helps eliminate scattered and reflected glares off the water.
One customer said that he loved the different color lenses and the stylish design. Another customer raved over their comfort, fantastic value, and excellent sun protection. Moreover, another customer said that he replaced his lost pair of Oakley Radarlock glasses with this cheaper model and could not be happier with their superior quality. Lastly, an amateur fisher said these worked like a charm in low-light situations on the water.
However, a few customers complained about peeling coating on the lenses. Another customer took a picture of broken hinges on both sides of his glasses. Likewise, a customer said that the glasses broke the first time he tried to change the lenses and that they did not come with instructions for changing them.
These glasses come with a lifetime breakage-warranty on the frames, and a 30-day money back guarantee for any reason.
- Click the Maui Jim link above to visit our brand store, where you can find our entire catalog of sunglasses
- All Maui Jim sunglasses feature PolarizedPlus2 lens technology that go beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays by enhancing colors to reveal the true beauty of the world around you
- Enjoy ultimate UV protection combined with premium style, incredible durability, glare-free vision, and color-boosting patented technologies
- Blue Hawaii - Our blue mirror coating provides a stylish new look that offers the same amazing color enhancement and clarity as all other Maui Jim lenses.
- Lenses made with SuperThin Glass Material provide for crisp optics and the best scratch and solvent resistance
The fourth pair of glasses in our quest for the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing is Maui Jim. These glasses feature SuperThin scratch-resistant glass that's 20 to 32 percent thinner and lighter than standard glass while offering fantastic clarity and color enhancement. These glasses also have durable, stylish frames that deliver superior comfort for your long fishing adventures.
One customer who owned a sunglass shop said he converted many professional anglers who formerly owned Costas over to this brand after allowing them to compare clarity. He said that most anglers choose Maui Jim over Costa. An ocean athlete who worked on a boat said that these glasses offer maximum coverage and sun protection. Another customer praised the company's warranty service, stating that after he broke his favorite pair, they were quick to fix his glasses and the employee was very friendly and professional. Finally, a fishing guide said that he wouldn't trust anything else to help him to spot fish for his clients.
However, there were a few complaints. One customer complained that the lenses started peeling after three or four years. A few customers said that the frame quality isn't as high as it was a few years prior. Another customer stated that his eyelashes kept hitting the lens, making them very uncomfortable to wear. Finally, a customer noted that they did not seem to work any better than a pair of glasses.
- Wide and deep lenses combined with great fit offer the wearer all-day polarized protection from the sun
- Double injected rubber temples and rubber nose pads for user comfort under the most radical of uses
- Perfect for low sight fishing or angling in medium or complete overcast conditions
- Classic Amber lens offers highest possible contrast enhancement and width perception properties in low light
- These sunglasses have a Polarized TAC Lens that offers 100% UVA/UVB protection
The next pair of glasses in our mission to find the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing is Fisherman Eyewear Vantage Sunglasses. These glasses feature double injected rubber temples and rubber nose pads for enhanced comfort. The classic amber lens is perfect for sight fishing or angling, providing the highest possible contrast enhancement as well as width perception qualities in low light. Plus, the broad and deep plastic Polarized TAC Lens offers 100 percent UVB and UVA protection.
One customer described them as excellent quality fishing glasses at a reasonable price. Another said that he liked them so much, he bought six pairs. However, a customer did mention that he didn't like the way people could see his eyes through the glasses due to their lack of mirror lenses.
- BUCHANAN, CRYSTAL GUNMETAL FRAMES/COPPER LENS. Flying Fisherman Action Angler Sunglasses with polarized triacetate lenses improve visibility for any activity. They are scratch resistant, lightweight and durable so you can take them everywhere.
- STRONG ENOUGH TO KEEP UP. Polycarbonate frames are lightweight, comfortable and designed for durability in any condition.
- POLARIZED SUNGLASSES FOR MEN & WOMEN. AcuTint Polarized Lens System blocks 100% of UVA and UVB rays, sharpens contrast and clarity, and eliminates glare, allowing you to see beneath the water’s surface. Glasses are hard coated for scratch resistance.
- BY FISHERMEN, FOR FISHERMEN. Maximize your outdoor experience with sunglasses developed and field tested in the Florida Keys. They offer unbeatable comfort, clarity and performance both on and off the water, and for any outdoor sport or hobby.
- FLYING FISHERMAN POLARIZED EYEWEAR. Flying Fisherman provides quality, affordable polarized sunglasses that are stylish and fully functional for fishing and outdoor enthusiasts.
The sixth pair of glasses in our best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing competition is Flying Fisherman Buchanan 7719. These glasses feature Polarized Triacetate Lenses, which offers hard coated scratch resistance as well as 100 percent protection from both UVB and UVA rays. The Acu-tint lens coloring system provides color contrast without distorting natural colors. This feature provides you with greater clarity. Lastly, the lightweight and durable frame ensures years of comfortable use.
One customer said he really liked these glasses for fishing and shooting. Another mentioned that they worked well for other activities like golf and driving. Additionally, several customers felt the shades were a great value over some higher-priced brands on the market.
However, a few customers were not happy with this product. One customer noted that the glasses swelled up and were more or less useless after two days of fishing in hot, humid weather. Another complained that the lenses had no tint and failed to block out the sun as effectively as other glasses.
The next pair of glasses in our best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing showdown is Smith Dockside. These glasses feature stylish Italian design while eliminating side glare with wide temples and large eye wire that provide maximum coverage. Plus, the spring hinges ensure a comfortable fit every time. Finally, these glasses feature the largest ChromaPop™ lenses available, providing unmatched clarity and enhanced color, perfect for spotting fish.
One customer called these glasses a "grand slam" and said they were the best investment he's ever made for his bass fishing adventures. He described how the vivid colors and contrast provided by the ChromaPop™ lenses makes surveying the water for fish much more accessible. A dive instructor said he appreciated the wrap-around design, which offers better protection against bright light. Furthermore, he claimed the ChromaPop™ lenses do a great job against glare.
- 🎁UV 400 TAC HD POLARIZED LENS, BETTER PROTECT YOUR EYES. DAWAY SG06 Men’s sports polarized sunglasses are made of 9-layer HD polarized lenses. High-definition visual, uv protection, full glare barrier. It can protect your eyes and prevent glare from reflecting on flat surfaces (water, snow, road pavement). This polarized sunglasses also has a strong impact resistance, the lens are very durable and can be cleaned easily. If not satisfied, email us, 100% money back
- 🎁HIGH-GRADE UNBREAKABLE ALUMINUM-MAGNESIUM ALLOY LIGHTWEIGHT FRAMES, FASHION DURABLE! The material of DAWAY SG06 sports polarized sunglasses frames is aluminum-magnesium alloy, so the frames has strong flexibility, no fade, no rust, no oxidation and won’t make people allergic. Unbreakable durable and classic design specifically for men
- 🎁FREE SIZE, ELASTIC GLASSES LEGS, COMFORTABLE, ALMOST FOR ALL FACES. DAWAY SG06 Men’s sports polarized sunglasses with a silicone nose pads, it can reduce the burden on the bridge of the nose effectively, apply to different nose, plus elastic hinge glasses legs, stretching freely, comfortable humanized design, suit for nearly all faces. What are you waiting for?
- 🎁WATERPROOF, ANTI-OIL, WINDPROOF, ANTI-SAND, SUITABLE FOR DAILY WEAR AND A VARIETY OF OUTDOOR SPORTS. DAWAY SG06 sports polarized sunglasses are specially designed for outdoor activities. It can be used for golf, fishing, running, driving ,cycling, mountaineering,skiing, skating, surfing, etc. A good Xmas Thanksgiving or Birthday gift for men. You won't regret buying it
- 🎁6 MONTH WARRANTY, WITH NO RISK - If have any quality problems with DAWAY SG06 men's polarized sunglasses, or not satisfied, pls email us, 100% refund or replace. Clearance promotion, same quality, lower price, don’t miss it, add to cart now!
The final pair of glasses in our best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing contest is DAWAY SG06 Men's Polarized Sports Sunglasses. These glasses feature UV 400 TAC HD polarized lenses that offer nine layers of protection and high-definition clarity. They are constructed using a durable, lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloy that provides substantial flexibility and comfort. Plus, the frames are guaranteed never to fade, rust, or suffer oxidation. Lastly, the elastic legs ensure a comfortable fit for nearly any face-type, and the silicone nose pads reduce pressure on the bridge of the nose.
One customer said that they work well for night driving and significantly reduce glare. Another claimed the glasses saved his and his family's life during a very dark and heavy rainstorm by improving his visibility dramatically.
Unfortunately, there were a few people who did not have the best experience with these glasses. One customer said that they did not do well when he tried to use them for sight fishing. Other complaints centered around durability issues, with some customers claiming the lenses would fall out, and the frames broke easily.
These glasses come with a six-month warranty in which the company will replace or repair your glasses for any reason.
The Best Polarized Sunglasses for Sight Fishing: Sifting the Bass from the Chum
After hours of fishing for the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing, we concluded that Smith Dockside sunglasses are your best choice. These glasses offer excellent protection from glare and feature ChromaPop™ lenses that are designed to give you high contrast and perfect clarity. Additionally, Smith Optics feature a lifetime warranty on their products, which demonstrates how much confidence they have in their sunglasses. They're a bit pricier than some of the other competitors, but you can tell where your money went.
We hope this information has helped you in your search for the best polarized sunglasses for sight fishing. Good luck out there and may your hook forever be full.
Featured Image: Image via flickr