If you play any kind of sports, the chances are good that you need the best sports sunglasses. Sports sunglasses are a specific eyewear form for keeping your eyes safe and your game on point. That's because they’ll remain firmly on your head and your nose no matter how much you move around. Plus, they’ll cut out the glare from the sun or overhead lights, hence amping up your vision and your performance.
The difference between the best sports sunglasses and regular options is mainly the protection they offer. Your everyday sunglasses are probably flat, allowing wind or light into your eyes at times. They may also have lenses that are prone to breaking. Sports sunglasses, though, get you nonslip nose pads, adjustable temples, and wrap around your head to provide maximum protection.
Excited about getting the best sports sunglasses your budget will allow? There’s a lot of information about the top picks as you scroll down! Let’s explore in detail.
Benefits of Wearing Sports Sunglasses
There are many benefits of sports sunglasses that should win you over into purchasing the best possible pair. Ever noticed how all cyclists or any other sportsmen usually have sunglasses on? You’ll notice that their sunglasses are quite different from the ordinary ones, and that’s what makes them special. These sunglasses are for sports lovers, and there are many reasons for this:
The wrapping factor
Those of us unfamiliar with the best sports sunglasses may only be aware of the versions that have straight, rigid legs that hook onto the ears. Obviously, this style wouldn’t be suitable when playing sports, being far too likely to bounce off the face and break. Wraparound styles are the most logical choice for sports sunglasses, as they give you the maximum amount of peripheral vision.
Plus, wraparound glasses will stay firmly on your head. You can hence cycle through traffic, snowboard in any weather, and generally get on with your sporting activity in safety. Ideally, the lenses should cover the eyebrows as well.
You want the best sports sunglasses for protection while you’re playing your chosen sport. That means blocking those eye-damaging UVA and UVB rays from your eyes along with any stray pebbles, dust, debris, ice, etc. Plus, a high-quality pair will also reduce the glare from outside, whether it’s the sun, stadium lights, or car lights when you’re on the road.
Since the sunglasses will reduce glare, you’ll also be able to see more clearly when playing an outdoor sport. Colored lenses are also available so that you can choose according to your requirements. Grey lenses, for instance, enable you to see clearly in several kinds of sports. For tennis or golfing, you’d do best with dark amber. Yellow is a favorite choice for sharp vision and glare reduction.
The best sports sunglasses usually come with polarized lenses. These allow no light in at all, which is essential to keep your cycling safe without eyestrain. That makes sure your eyes last longer, and you’re comfortable at all times. Even a nanosecond of blindness can mean a serious wipeout that may be life-threatening.
What to Consider Before Choosing the Best Sports Sunglasses
So now you’re all set to get a new pair of the best sports sunglasses. Make sure you get your money’s worth by considering the factors below before making your final choice:
The lens color
We’ve already discussed some of the most popular lens colors for the best sports sunglasses above. Choosing the most useful color will help you improve your performance and vision no matter what you’re doing outdoors.
More examples include a red lens for running and cycling, as these will allow you to see every contour of the road. Green lenses will offer natural vision and more light transmission for golfing and tennis purposes.
The timing of your activity also plays a role in this factor. Choose lighter tints for the morning and darker for midday purposes. Brown is the most versatile here, but other considerations may also come into play.
Skiing and snowboarding are best with sunglasses that have mirrored, non-polarized lenses. These allow you to differentiate between snow and ice when on the slopes. Plus, you want a wraparound style to have full protection from the wind.
Many of the best sports sunglasses have anti-reflective coating on the inside of their lenses. That will help you avoid any light reflecting off this part of the lens. You don’t want to see your own eyes when you’re focusing on a tennis ball!
You may want to consider the photochromic option, which are lenses that can adjust according to the light outside. These will be dark when the sun is bright, and lighter when it’s just morning or in low-light conditions.
The best sports sunglasses come in frames having a high wrap design. These are best for running, cycling, and any other sports where debris and wind could be an issue. You also want to look at the ventilation options if you’re training in a warm climate. That will help to minimize fogging or prevent it altogether.
Finally, you should also check out adjustable options for temple arms and nose pads. These should have a firm enough grip to avoid any slipping. There are also interchangeable lenses for different sports and timings, along with prescription options to see properly. The latter will require the services of a very skilled optician.
Overall Pricing of the Best Sports Sunglasses
The very best sports sunglasses could be quite expensive, but you can shop around wisely. Overall, the more high-end brands may cost you within the price range of $100 to $250. However, there are some very accessible options available at prices ranging from $20 to $50.
How We Reviewed
We’ve chosen some of the best sports sunglasses for review and discussion below. The selection here was on the basis of high Amazon ratings and praise from actual users. We’ve also made sure to have some kids’ options here so that your child could play in complete comfort. It’s important for everyone who plays any outdoor sport to get just the right pair, so these are accessible options that won’t break the bank.
The 10 Best Sports Sunglasses of 2019
We now come to the best sports sunglasses that the market is offering this year. You’ll hopefully find the most decent options below.
1. Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- UNIQUE DESIGN-Combining the best of performance eyewear with versatile style, the Duduma Sunglasses have a clean, lightweight design and ventilation ideal for running, training, and beyond.
- UNBREAKABLE FRAME-Bendable frames are made of a flexible composite material. They are unbreakable and will return to the original shape even after being bent.
- HD POLARIZED LENS-Duduma HD Polarized lenses filter out 99% of reflected glare without the haze and optical distortion that can come with polarized lenses made with conventional manufacturing techniques.
- ULTRALIGHT-The extreme lightness is the result of revolutionary superlight materialsThe extreme lightness of Duduma sunglasses is the result of a combination of advanced design technology and revolutionary, exclusive materials.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY & 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE-Duduma provides lifetime after sale service for all Duduma sunglasses. Customers can return or get refunded for any reason. You have no risk to try.【In order to give the best shopping experience to customers, the sunglasses cases were updated. The black cases will no longer to use. The black case and the new case will send to you at random during the transition period.】
The Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses are a unisex option for a variety of outdoor sports. These activities include hiking, cycling, fishing, softball, etc. The glasses themselves come with an unbreakable frame and several lens colors. The frames also come in different neutral shades, with ventilation and lightweight materials.
Many user reviews express delight with their Duduma frames, especially with regard to their sharp and clean style. They also appreciate the HD polarized lenses and great coverage. There were some complaints about distortion issues, but the company’s customer service usually comes in handy here.
These glasses gained an Amazon rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. Their price range starts at a reasonable $22 and goes up to $32, which makes them accessible for any serious player.
2. HiHiLL Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- 【FIVE INTERCHANGEABLE LENS】The sports sunglasses comes with 5 nylon-lens. All lens have 100% UV400 protection coating, blocks 100% harmful UVA, UVB & UVC Rays. Reflect sunlight bouncing off the ground, Increase light contrast, make your vision more clear and protect your eyes completely.
- 【PRODUCT DIMENSION】High Grade PC Inject Material Frame & High-Quality Nylon-Lens Height: 44 mm (1.73 inches); lens width: 43mm (1.69 inches); Leg Length: 146mm (5.74 inches); Nose Bridge: 25 mm ( 0.98 inches); frame width:142 mm (5.59 inches).
- 【DURABLE & COMFORTABLE】Adjustable soft non-slip nose pads, super-lightweight adjustable frames, sweat blocker, interchangeable lenses and careful design to ensure ventilation and prevent fogging and offer the best comfort for you, so you can wear for a long time without feeling any fatigue and discomfort.
- 【SYLISH & PRACTICAL】Our stylish and comfortable design is ideal for cycling, driving, running, fishing, racing, skiing, boating, climbing, baseball or other outdoor activities for men and women.
- 【30 DAYS SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & LIFETIME WARRANTY】All of our products have acquired the CE and FDA Certification, do not worry about the quality. And we provide 30 days satisfaction guarantee and lifetime customer service for all of our customers, please feel free to contact our HiHiLL Customer Service anytime if you feel unsatisfied or confused.
These HiHiLL sunglasses are another unisex choice, with their five interchangeable lenses being their most unique feature. There’s also an unbreakable polycarbonate frame and rubber mats to keep the sunglasses firmly on your head. There are many lens and frame color options, so you can pick and choose the perfect pair according to your requirements.
The mountable frame clip will enable you to have a prescription mount just behind the lenses. Customers love the myriad of accessories and the relatively low price. However, the interchangeable lenses might pop out easily if you’re not careful.
These sunglasses also received an Amazon rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. The price range is between $16 and $25, which isn’t bad for the package you get.
3. Tifosi Women's Alpe
The Tifosi Women's Alpe sunglasses are a single-lens option that comes in many unique color options. These include Blue Tortoise, Crystal Pink, and more. The frames are made of polycarbonate material, as are the non-polarized lenses. The design is wraparound, with logos on the arms and shatterproof lenses.
While the non-polarized option may not be good for general sports, they would be best for snowy terrains. It’s no surprise that these sunglasses are useful in terms of preventing fogging. You should keep in mind that these do run small, so they are better for those with smaller heads.
Tifosi has an Amazon rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars. The price range mostly varies between $22 and $47, depending on the color options you choose.
4. RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- High Grade SWITZERLAND TR 90 Material Frame:Super Lightweight,Stylish and Durable;Dimension-Lens height:40 mm (1.57 inches); lens width:64mm (2.52 inches); leg length:140mm(5.51 inches); nose bridge:30 mm ( 1.18 inches); frame length:140 mm (5.51 inches).
- TAC Polarized and Mirror Coating Lens- Offer 100% UVA&UVB Protection against the sunlight filtering 100% of all UVA/UVB/UVC and Harmful Blue Light Up to 400nm.Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes perfectly.
- Package&Accessories:Each RIVBOS Sunglasses are Packed in Hard Protection Portable Case and Colour Box,Pouch/Strap/Cleaning Cloth ect. included.
- Lifetime Breakage Warranty On Frame & Lens - Frames and lens are unbreakable for no risk purchasing. In case any broken problem happens, contact the seller of RIVBOS without hesitation to solve the problem until satisfaction. RIVBOS provides lifetime after sale service for all RIVBOS products.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee- All RIVBOS customers enjoy 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. You have no risk to try.
The RIVBOS option is definitely among the best sports sunglasses for all genders. These also have an unbreakable frame, several lens and frame color choices, and TAC polarized lenses. You also get a mirror coating with a lifetime breakage warranty on both the frame and the lenses.
These sunglasses are a good fit, look sharp, and are true to color. There might be some complaints about the lenses popping out, but a bit of glue may do the trick for you.
There’s an Amazon rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars for these sports sunglasses, which is quite decent. The price ranges from $22 to $30, which isn’t bad when you compare it with the prices of high-end brands.
5. Hulislem S1 Sport Polarized Sunglasses
- LIGHTWEIGHT POLYCARBONATE FRAME: YOU WILL FORGET YOU ARE WEARING THEM In the middle of an adventure you cannot let heavy sunglasses weigh you down. The Hulislem Sports Polarized Sunglasses have therefore been designed to be extremely lightweight (you won’t believe how much unless you hold a pair in your hands). It is especially great for those who are not used to wearing glasses.The sport sunglasses great for men and women
- UV 400 MIRROR FLASH COATING The lenses are mirror flash coated. Which not only limits the amount of light that your eyes are exposed to, but also ensure that no light of wavelength 400 nanometers and below reach your eye. Since light with wavelength below 400 nanometers are the ultra violet light range which can cause damage to the eyes. These means that these glasses give you complete UV protection.UVA, UVB, UVC, Blue Light or any kind of harmful light you can think of
- STRESS RESISTANT O MATTER FRAMES An active lifestyle means that your sunglasses will have to be tough and rugged enough to meet up to whatever challenges you throw at it. The specially designed Stress Resistant O Matter Frame can meet up whatever you dish out to it and more.
- DUAL LENS POLARIC ELLIPSOID GEOMETRY Each of the lenses are cut from one single toric lens. And incorporate the amazing Dual Lens Polaric Ellipsoid Geometry. This means that you get amazing depth perception, color contrast as well as clarity. Clear lower vision field
- ACUTINT LENS COLORING SYSTEM These sunglasses are equipped with the cutting-edge AcuTint coloring system. Which means that they do not distort the natural colors while adding color contrast. So, your vision is enhanced without being warped. And you can still see natural color in all its glory.
The Hulislem S1 Sports sunglasses have the unique feature of being FDA-approved, with several interesting color options. The frame is lightweight polycarbonate, which enables you to enjoy your sports without being bothered. It’s hence an excellent choice for those who aren’t used to wearing sunglasses at all. The lenses have a mirror flash coating and are specially developed to block out all sorts of harmful light.
Though the frames are lightweight, they’re still sturdy and rugged, retaining their shape in spite of the flexibility. They also have a few advanced features such as AcuTint lenses and Dual Lens Polar Ellipsed Geometry. This results in a very clear view.
These Hulislem options have a decent 4.4 out of 5 stars as their Amazon rating. The price ranges from $19 to $30, which isn’t much difference at all.
6. Landisun Sports Sunglasses
- 100% UV400 Protective Coating That Blocks 100% Harmful UVA And UVB Light. Restores True Colors, Eliminates Reflected Light And Scattered Light, Making The Scene Clearer And Softer, Perfect For eye Protection.
- High-quality PC Lens - The Lens Is Made Of High-Quality Shatterproof PC Material That Is Durable And Long Enough To Use. They Are Suitable For Any Climate And Weather Conditions And Are Interchangeable.
- Lightweight Design For Motorcycles And Cycling Bikes, Driving, Running, Fishing, Racing, Skiing, Hiking, Hiking or Other Outdoor Activities. Stylish and stylish design, rich combination of frame and lens color. Polycarbonate lenses and frames are impact resistant, scratch resistant, durable and resistant to breakage
- Adjustable nose pads: The adjustable nose section is very comfortable and provides excellent fit for any shape of the face. This system can also be used to adjust the height of the glasses and the distance from the face to prevent fogging. Create a fully custom fit and perfect grip. These terminals can be adjusted in any direction with a slight pressure.
- Five interchangeable lenses. Multi-color lens: Protect your eyes from UV rays, infrared rays, etc., suitable for those who work under strong light. Yellow lens: Known as the night vision lens, it is brighter and clearer. Suitable for early morning and dim lighting conditions.polarized black lenses: anti-glare, UV400 protection, suitable for other outdoor sports. Blue lens: Filters dazzling lights at sea.Transparent lens: absorbs infrared radiation and is suitable for rainy days.
These Landisun Sports Sunglasses are polarized, with 100 percent protection from all sorts of UV rays. The frame is another lightweight option and also has five interchangeable lenses like a few other choices on this list. They’re said to be suitable for playing outdoor sports no matter what the weather is like.
The adjustable nose pads and terminal provide a customizable design. There are blue and yellow color options for the lenses. These glasses have an impressive Amazon rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars, even if the reviews are relatively few. The price range is between $14 and $25, which is one of the lowest ones you can get here.
7. TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses
The TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses have a TR90 Unbreakable Frame with the lens blocking all UV rays. These will help to retain true color vision and eliminate all forms of reflected plus scattered light. The TAC lenses offer seven layers, including shatterproof and polarized features.
There are various reasons why the users of these sunglasses will consider TOREGE one of the best sports sunglasses they can have. They provide excellent protection, a convenient wraparound style, and a good fit. However, these sunglasses may begin to melt in extremely hot weather.
TOREGE sunglasses have an Amazon rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars. The price range is between $14 and $30, depending on whether you go for new or used options.
8. Duco Kids Sports Sunglasses
- UV400 PROTECTION LENS –DUCO lens is 100% UV Protection，blocks 100% Harmful UVA,UVB & UVC. Cheap sunglasses lens will harm your kids’eyes without recovery. YOU WILL NOT REGRET TO SPEND MORE DOLLARS HERE TO GIVE YOUR KIDS A SAFE SHIELD.
- POLARIZED SUNGLASSES--Polarized Lenses Eliminate Glare And Reduce Eye Fatigue Polarized Triacetate Lenses Are Impact And Scratch Resistant, Lightweight And Durable.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN--Made by Flexible Food Grade Rubber Bendable Material Completely Flexible and Virtually Unbreakable Arms Safe for Kids. Super Perfect for Age 3 to 10.
- PRODUCTS DIMENSION- Lens height: 33mm (1.29inches); Lens width: 55mm (2.16inches); Leg length: 110mm(4.3inches); Nose bridge: 20mm (0.78inches); Total length: 115mm-135mm (4.52-5.31inches)
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE-100% satisfaction guaranteed. We are not only selling sunglasses but also providing excellent customer service. We promise if you are not happy with DUCO glasses within the first 30 days, we will refund you without any reason .SO NO RISK ON TRY!
It could be hard to find sunglasses for kid athletes, so the Duco Kids Sports Sunglasses provide a great option. These come with a rubber frame, which provides both flexibility and sturdiness when a child is playing on any field. They’re best for kids aged below 10 years. Besides, they have polarized lenses just like regular adult sunglasses do. The lenses will filter out all the UV rays while also withstanding any rough use a kid might inflict on them.
The good thing about Duco sunglasses is the fact that they're sturdy and flexible. Plus, they remain scratch-free even when dropped on rocky surfaces. However, there are some complaints about proper sizing.
These kids’ sunglasses have an Amazon rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. Their price starts at $17 and may go up to $26, which isn't bad if the frame fits.
9. AODUOKE Sports Polarized Kids Sunglasses
- AODUOKE Children Sports Polarized Sunglasses are CLEAR, SUPERLIGHT, STYLISH AND DURABLE Fits Most Kids ages 5 to 13.
- POLARIZED AND 100% UV PROTECTION LENS: AODUOKE's kids sunglasses for Boys Girls and children come with 100% UV (UVA/UVB) protection, The polarized lenses reduce scattered glare for increased clarity, and also help diminish the harmful effects of UV light.
- Colorful Sports Glasses Design For Kids: AODUOKE Kids Sports Fashion sunglasses are unisex and come in a variety of colors Mirrored Lens. Select a pair of sunglasses in your child’s favorite color on AODUOKE Store is fit perfectly for your children to wear, will keep your children's eyes protected from the sun year round.
- SOFT SILICON AND UNBREAKABLE MATERIALS: AODUOKE KIDS Polarized Sunglasses are designed for Children's sports outdoor activities.The frames are made of flexible food grade rubber, a bendable silicone gel material totally safe for kids. With these sunglasses, you will be confident with your children's eye safety during in or outdoor play.
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. Reliable customer service is our priority. Your Sports Polarized Kids Sunglasses come with the TRUST OPTICS Brand’s.
These AODUOKE sunglasses come with a strap and are suitable for both male and female children. They have a mirrored lens in several color options, while the resin frame provides flexibility. This option is great for kid athletes aged 5 to 13.
The great appearance of these glasses is worth mentioning. The food-grade silicone for the frame is a smart addition, making it safe for kids. Unfortunately, the lens tints are mostly gray, with just the mirroring being colored. The Amazon rating here is 4.6 out of 5 stars while the price range is between $13 and $23.
10. YAMAZI Kids Polarized Sunglasses
- 100% UV PROTECTION! Our lenses use Fusion technology to block 100 percent of both UVA and UVB rays that can harm your eyes.
- Unbreakable And LIGHTWEIGHT: YAMAZI KIDS Rubber Flexible Polarized Sunglasses for children ages 3 to 10, designed in a wrap around style made with flexible food-grade kid-safe materials. They are made from rubber like silicone gel which is impact resistant, and can be twisted and bent without breaking. be confident your child’s eyes are safeguarded while they play outdoors! They will not easily broke in normal use.
- MAXIMUM EYE PROTECTION THE SUN: Kids polarized Sunglasses come with 100% UV (UVA/UVB) protection,The polarized lenses reduce glare for increased clarity, and also help diminish the harmful effects of UV light.These sun glasses keep your little ones safe and protect them from harmful UV rays When They are perfect for a day on the beach, by the pool, or for any summer sport or outdoor activities.
- CHOOSE YOUR COLOR: Colorful Reflective Mirrored Lens for Wayfarer Eyewear are unisex and come in a variety of colors. The colorful wrap around design is sure to give your child a cute, yet casual style. Select a pair of sunglasses in your child’s favorite color or to match their personal flair, whether boy or girl!
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. Reliable customer service is our priority. YAMAZI'S Sports Polarized Kids Sunglasses come with the TRUST OPTICS Brand’s.
The YAMAZI Kids sunglasses are a polarized option with mirrored lenses. They also have a polarized and anti-reflective coating, so your kid will have the best vision on any field or when cycling. The Fusion technology will block out both UVA and UVB rays.
Customers have expressed general satisfaction with this style. However, you’ll have to be extra careful while cleaning this pair of polarized sunglasses because the color may come off while cleaning.
These sporty sunglasses have an Amazon rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars. The price range is between $11 and $22, which is probably the lowest on the whole list.
The Choice to Make You Unstoppable
The above options are probably the best sports sunglasses anyone can get within a budget. However, the Hulislem S1 Sports sunglasses seem to be among the best. These have the technology to keep your vision clear, your eyes safe, and your performance at an optimal level.
Featured Image via Pexels